Friday, June 27, 2008

Wall-E Totally rocks

Last night I saw Wall-E at the midnight showing. It was funny, poignant, a little sad, and visually AMAZING. I will avoid spoilers in this because you just have to go see it.

We went to the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood and if you have never been there it is worth the price of admission. Because we had to be there early to stand in line to get seats, they had pre-show entertainment.

There was a radio station there giving out t-shirts, blankets and other toys (all Wall-E of course). They had the audience yelling and screaming. It was fun and a reminder of the level of stupidity people will stoop to in order to get a stupid t-shirt. We had a blast. I was glad for the external stimulus because I am not really a night person.

The theatre was built in the thirty's and was refurbished several years ago by Disney. It has a stage as part of its construction and when they refurbished it, they restored it to its former glory. Theatre is amazing. There are all these ornate touches on the sconces, pillars, and ceiling. It is a gilded wonder.

Before the movie began they had a stage show that is a Disney character review. They guys next to me were just as enthusiastic about singing along as I was. This really made me happy. We happily sang along at the top of our lungs and giggled like little kids. It was great fun.

I was really worried that the movie would not stand up to the hype or that I had seen all the good parts in the previews and commercials. I had nothing to worry about. The movie was amazing, and they manage to keep the best bits in the movie rather than in the commercials. And I really liked the commercials too. So if the commercials and previews have you thinking that you might want to see this movie, I recommend that you do.

No comments: